Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mermaid Reverse Canvas

I have a whole sea/nautical theme going on in my living room right now. So I really wanted to make a piece that went along with what I had out on display. I saw Gabrielle Pollacco's mermaid canvas and just loved it. Then she made a tutorial on the mermaids tale and I knew that I would do a mermaid themed piece!

I started with making the mermaid, it took my about 1 1/2 to get it just the way I wanted it. My hands really hurt the next day! Next I worked on the background. I ripped up some Teresa Collins Vintage finds paper added some Tim Holtz tissue tape, did some texture paste stencil work and through the center is regular old tissue paper. I used my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in Jack in the teal Pulpit, Jazzin' Jivin' purple and Aloha Avocado. I just kept spraying and blotting until I was satisfied.

This photo shows the shimmer of the sprays really well.

 The mermaid I painted with regular old acrylic craft paint. While the tail was still wet I sprinkled some glitter on it. I did brush on a bit of Lindys in to give the hair a bit of shimmer too.


The octopus was a silver colored charm that I painted purple.

The finished product hanging above my little shelf with beach themed goodies.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Create something wonderful today :)

xoxo Amanda


1 comment: