Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Serenity - Scraps of Darkness Round Robin

The newest kit from Scraps of Darkness " Sakurabana" is so versatile! Beautiful and dramatic Blacks and reds, stunning blues, and tranquil greens. I have always loved this picture of my daughter and thought the the Bo Bunny line "serenity" gave me a perfect title for this layout. The quote is:
"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm"

I found a paper piecing pattern for the butterfly in one of my old scrapbooking magazines.... I used glass glitter for the wings. The tree branches I made by cutting strips of dark brown paper, wetting them and twisting them tight. The "cherry blossoms" are just flowers punched with a little perfect pearls in the center.

This bird was included with the kit. I used some Lindy's color on it, then used lindy's embossing powder from a previous kit for the bird. Just really light on the powder.... the branch I painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint in vintage photo - then I rubbed darker brown ink when it was dry.

Thanks for taking a peek!

xo ~ Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment