Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

You are my Sonshine

Jodie from my LSS - Sharin' Memories -  gave me a 12x12 piece of burlap she sells in her store and asked me to make a couple of projects with it, to show people what they can do with it. Here is that first project:



I used the January kit "Escape" from Scraps of Darkness - I think the burlap went perfectly with the browns in the paper. I had the laser cut sun for a while and thought to use the play on word "son" in the title.

This is a close up of the word "sonshine" I actually ran out of S's so I used the burlap to make one! I cut tiny circles and glued strands of burlap in a swirl then drew and S in glue and laid an additional burlap on that glue. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I am happy with how it came out.


Here is a close up of the journaling:

1 comment:

  1. This is very nice. I think you did a good job with the burlap. The "S" looks like it was quilled and it looked like it was part of the design. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete